Twitter have one service called Direct Messages (DM), with use of this service on twitter you are able to send Direct messages to your followers, only if you following him/her too. However, are you getting any twitter Direct Message from your followers ? You need to beware of latest scams are happenings on twitter with lots of twitter users. We have some sample messages that you might get in your twitter Direct Messages inbox as spam, and don’t open any links in direct messages that you not believe, it might contain fake login page of twitter, Trojan or key-loggers etc.
Here, we’ve collected some messages from our twitter accounts that we received already, and some of them are received by my friends.
- Hey, Someone is writing offensive things about you (We received this scam message)
- Hey, someone is posting nasty things about you (We received this scam message)
- Hey, what you are doing with him in this video ?
- Hello, some guys are posting horrible things about you.
- Hey, Someone is writing cruel things about you.
- Hey, this user is making up dreadful posts that are about you. (We received this scam message)
All above messages you will get through direct messages followed by one link, That link sometimes redirects you to phishing sites of twitter (Fake Twitter login page). In this type of situation, you always lost control of yourselves and click on that fake link. this is not enough, my many friends tried to logged into on fake twitter login page too. so just, i want to show you some security steps to avoid being hacked by this type of twitter scam.
Security Steps to Secure Your Twitter Account :
Do This :
- If you receive Twitter Direct Messages mentioned as above with any links, ignore it or delete it.
- Change your twitter password at-least once in month.
- If you have opened link of Direct messages and asking for twitter login credentials, kindly check twitter URL twice, it must be like this https://twitter.com/
- In twitter link don’t forget to check Green color Twitter,Inc (US) security sign, this sign appears only if you are on original twitter domain name https://twitter.com
Never Do this :
- Don’t open any links that you got in Direct messages.
- Don’t Login to any fake twitter websites.
- Don’t use unknown twitter applications.